The PLAYERS Championship Day 3 has produced another new surprise leader. David Lingmerth. With a round of 69 following his previous 68-68, this Swede professional is at 11-Under 205, tied on top with Sergio Garcia and Tiger Woods.
So for the Final Day, the top guys will be teeing of in the following groups and reverse order (David Lingmerth and Sergio Garcia in the last group):
- David Lingmerth -11, Sergio Garcia -11
- Tiger Woods -11, Casey Wittenberg -10
- Henrik Stenson -10, Ryan Palmer -10
- Jeff Maggert -9, David Lynn -8
- Hunter Mahan -8, Greg Chalmers -7
- Marc Leishman -7, Lee Westwood -7
The new Nike guy Rory McIlroy is at 5-Under, as are seven others. What about Roberto Castro, the Day 1 surprise leader? After his 78 on Day 2, Castro shot seven strokes less, and he is now at 4-Under, with 10 other players such as defending champion Matt Kuchar and Masters champion Adam Scott.
So who do we think will be this year’s The PLAYERS champion?
Tiger Woods, Garcia, and Hunter Mahan – in that order.
Final Day is already in progress, so stay thrilled guys!!